PokeCenter Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeCenter Forums

Once Dark wolves, now we step out of the shadows to indulge in eachothers company once more to discuss the tales we have kept to ourselves.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How To Download Brushes for Gimp on a Windows XP and lower.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Igloo42
The Shadow Of Pokecenter
Igloo42

Number of posts : 343
Location : Shopping for a new car, which one's me a new convertable or an SUV....
Registration date : 2008-08-07

How To Download Brushes for Gimp on a Windows XP and lower. Empty
PostSubject: How To Download Brushes for Gimp on a Windows XP and lower.   How To Download Brushes for Gimp on a Windows XP and lower. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:18 am

This will teach you how to download brushes for Gimp on Windows XP or lower. If you are running Vista then it is different, PM me if you have Vista and I will walk you through it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. First find a brush set you like by searching "GIMP brushes" on www.deviantart.com

2. Click the one you want. Once it takes you to the next page look toward the left side of the window. There is a list of options. Click the option that says "Download". Download it to your desktop for easy access.

3. Once it has finished downloading. Right click the icon and select the option "Extract All".

4. Once done extracting the files open the folder containing the brushes. Minimize the window.

5. Open "My Computer". Double click the "Local Disk (C: )" file. Next open the "Program Files" folder. Once in the folder open your "Gimp~2.0" or other Gimp folder. Yours may say something different depending on your version of Gimp.

6. Once in your Gimp folder open the "Share" folder. Next double click the "gimp" folder. Then open the "2.0" folder (Should only be one folder here). After that open the "brushes" folder.

7. Now maximize your downloaded brushes window and drag and drp them in the "brushes" folder.

8. Close all windows and open your Gimp program.

9. Hit ctrl+shift+B to open your brushes menu.

10. Enjoy your brand new brush(es).

Note: Downloading a lot of brushes will slow the Starting process of Gimp, so don't be alarmed if it takes longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to ask if you need any help or post your favorite brush sets here. Hope this helps out.

Igloo ^.~

NOTE: There is a problem with some computers that run XP. The beginning folder could be "HP PAVILLION" instead of "Local Disk (C: )".
Back to top Go down

How To Download Brushes for Gimp on a Windows XP and lower.
Page 1 of 1