PokeCenter Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeCenter Forums

Once Dark wolves, now we step out of the shadows to indulge in eachothers company once more to discuss the tales we have kept to ourselves.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to Create a Border for a GIMP Banner.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Igloo42
The Shadow Of Pokecenter
Igloo42

Number of posts : 343
Location : Shopping for a new car, which one's me a new convertable or an SUV....
Registration date : 2008-08-07

How to Create a Border for a GIMP Banner. Empty
PostSubject: How to Create a Border for a GIMP Banner.   How to Create a Border for a GIMP Banner. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:22 am

Okay there are two ways to make a border using GIMP, that I know of. I will be showing the easiest way. Feel free to post another way and I will add it along with giving you credit for it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the method that I use. It is by far Easier and allows you to save it with the un-flattened banner and the flattened.

1. After you have finished the banner press ctrl+L and the layers menu should open.

2. Right click the highest layer on the menu and select "New Layer".

3. A window will open asking the settings. Leave it, just hit "Okay".

4. A new layer will open above the top layer (If it isn't above the top layer move it there) Make sure it is selected.

5. Change the color on the rectangles below the tools, by clicking them, on the main Gimp menu in order to change the color of the border. Make them both the same color.

6. Look back on the pallet and toward the top left of the window there will be an option "Select".

7. Click "Select" then "All".

8. Now move over to the option that says "Edit" click it then click "Stroke Selection".

9. Changing the number will change the width of the border. I use 4.0 for signatures and 3.0 for avatars

10. Now you are done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If having trouble understanding this PM me or post here. ^.^ Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Shaloo
Shaloo

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: How to Create a Border for a GIMP Banner.   How to Create a Border for a GIMP Banner. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 4:21 pm

How about just a simple and easy border?

Add a simple 2 pixel border: New layer, Select>Select All, Edit> Stroke Selection
set to 2.

Not really too complicated, but your explanation of it was.
Back to top Go down
Igloo42
The Shadow Of Pokecenter
Igloo42

Number of posts : 343
Location : Shopping for a new car, which one's me a new convertable or an SUV....
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: How to Create a Border for a GIMP Banner.   How to Create a Border for a GIMP Banner. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 5:46 pm

Heh, sorry just trying to be detailed so people don't miss anything. ^_-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Create a Border for a GIMP Banner.   How to Create a Border for a GIMP Banner. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Create a Border for a GIMP Banner.
Page 1 of 1