PokeCenter Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeCenter Forums

Once Dark wolves, now we step out of the shadows to indulge in eachothers company once more to discuss the tales we have kept to ourselves.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Igloo42
The Shadow Of Pokecenter
Igloo42

Number of posts : 343
Location : Shopping for a new car, which one's me a new convertable or an SUV....
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] Empty
PostSubject: Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp]   Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:20 am

Note: I didn't come up with this method. I saw it on www.youtube.com and added my own little touches. Please don't rip my sig. I planned on adding DNR locks to it but it would had taken me too long. I trust you guys not to take it. ^.~ Plus this one isn't good so I figured no one would want it. lol

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] Untitled1

Step 1: To begin open a new blank pallet to any size you want. Select the "Paint Brush" tool. Go through the brushes until you find one called "Sparks". (It resembles a sun.) Cover the entire pallet in sparks 'til you can't see any more white.

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] Untitled2

Step 2: Open a new layer in the layer menu. Select an abstract brush and brush the new layer once or twice.

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] Untitled3

Step 3: On the layer menu set the new layers "Mode" to "Burn". (You also change mode on steps 9 and 10 so don't forget how to do it. ^.~)

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] Untitled4

Step 4: On the top of the pallet select "File" then "Open as Layers". Select your render then press "Okay".

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] Untitled5

Step 5: On the layers menu right click your render and duplicate it by clicking "Duplicate Layer".

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] Untitled5

Step 6: Make sure the lower render layer is selected in the layers menu. On the pallet go to "Filters" then "Noise" then "Pick". Set both dials to max and change the seed number somewhere higher than 100,000 at least by clicking "New Seed". Finally click "Okay".

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] Untitled6

Step 7: Once the pick is finished click "Filters" then "Blur" then "Motion Blur". Don't change anything here just press "Okay".

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] Untitled7

Step 8: Now move back to your layers menu and right click the layer you have been editing (The render duplicate) and select "New Layer". Be sure the new layer is selected and go to the "Gimp" menu. Select the "gradient tool" (Gray square looking thing). Just below the tools are two rectangles with colors in them. Click them and change the colors to what you would like your background color to be. Make sure they are the same color. Next click and drag the line across the pallet then release it to fill the layer.

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] Untitled8

Step 9: Be sure the gradiented layer is selected on the layer menu and change its "Mode" to "Color".

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] Untitled9

Step 10: Create a new layer between your gradiented layer and your top render by right clicking the gradiented layer and selecting new layer. Click the brush tool and select another abstract brush aside from the one you used earlier. Brush in areas that look too plain. Be sure to erase any bits you don't like using the "Eraser" tool. Set the layer to any mode you think looks good.

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] Untitled10

Step 11: Add some text and a border and you are finished.

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] Untitled11

Note: Feel free to change any of the steps or processes to fit your own style. Also adding things and experimenting with different settings and modes sometimes create all new methods of Sig Design so feel free. ^.^

Here are some more results of this method. Some I experimented more than others but they all ran from this basic structure.

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] Itachibanna2

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] Hinata

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] Itachibanna

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you need help or post here. Also Post results. ^.^

NOTE: You can see a line off to the right of my render. I rendered this a while back and apparently I missed something. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Arashi-Kun
Leader
Leader
Arashi-Kun

Number of posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp]   Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:37 am

what is the program to do this, I want to make my own sig.
Back to top Go down
http://silverstorm.rpg-dynasty.com
Igloo42
The Shadow Of Pokecenter
Igloo42

Number of posts : 343
Location : Shopping for a new car, which one's me a new convertable or an SUV....

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp]   Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:22 am

Arashi-Kun wrote:
what is the program to do this, I want to make my own sig.
I use GIMP. Search google for "Gimp 2.0 downloads" and you should find it. ^.~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp]   Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sparkle tut for Beginners [Gimp]
Page 1 of 1